Effective January 1, 2020
The Site is intended to provide information pertaining to Pacific ADR alternative dispute resolution services and to promote communication between our arbitrators, mediators or others who preside over disputes or conduct alternative dispute resolution services (“Neutrals”), associates/employees, and clients. The Site provides access to event information, membership registration, newsletters, links to other internet resources, and more. We use information that we collect from you to efficiently provide the local Pacific ADR Resolution Centers with demographic and other information to help our organization better serve its clients and the community. The Site also makes accessible training courses to train and accredit personnel.
Information We Collect and Why; Basis for Collection
Pacific ADR collects the following personal information from Users. Except as otherwise indicated below, Pacific ADR does not collect personal information or personal data unless you voluntarily provide it to us. In addition, Pacific ADR limits the personal data it collects to information that is relevant for purposes of processing.
- Non-HR Data: Non-HR personal data that is collected and processed includes personal data about attorneys, parties and witnesses involved in PACIFIC ADR cases (arbitration and mediation proceedings) and the Neutrals (arbitrators and mediators) presiding over such proceedings. This personal data is collected only to the extent necessary given PACIFIC ADR’ legitimate interests as a data controller because such parties to PACIFIC ADR proceedings and Neutrals participate in ADR legal proceedings under the auspices of PACIFIC ADR. In many cases, as with the Neutrals, there is also a contractual basis for collecting such data, and with parties in PACIFIC ADR proceedings there is also a legal and public task basis for such collection. This is also true in the event you opt to engage in a Service offered on the Site, such as using Teachable, a cloud-based training and accreditation app or module, in which event your providing necessary personal data to use the Service would have a contractual basis.
- Cookies:“Cookies” are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a User’s browser for storage on your hard drive, which make your interaction with the Site more efficient by remembering you, so for example you may not have to reenter a User ID on a subsequent Site visit. Like most websites, we employ the use of “cookies” in certain areas of our Site and with certain Services to allow us to provide information that is targeted to your interests and optimizes your online experience, such as providing information of potential interest to you based on your use of the Services. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of your session. Moreover, you always have the right to decline our cookies by setting your web browser to reject cookies, although this may adversely affect the usability of the Site. In the event that you have accessed the Site from the European Union, consistent with GDPR requirements, you will be presented with a pop-up screen requiring consent to store the cookies described on such screen on your device (other than those that are essential to provide a Service) in order to continue to use the Site and its Services.
- Tracked Information:Our servers automatically track certain information about you as you use our Site, some of which may contain personal data. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, which webpages and Services you use, how long you spend on particular webpages, and your IP address. Our Site logs track and collect aggregate and sometimes anonymized Site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our Site (“Usage Data”). This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to third parties, but the statistics are aggregate and contain no individual personal data. We do not ask for, collect or knowingly receive sensitive personal data (except to the extent it exists as part of HR data). To the extent that the aggregate and anonymized Usage Data is obtained from European residents and is not fully de-identified, either we will rely on the legitimate interests of PACIFIC ADR in collecting such data to provide a better Site experience, or we will ask for your express consent.
How We Use and/or Disclose the Information
We may use personal data that you provide to us deliver effective case management, or to maintain, customize and add new resources and Services that may benefit you, and to allow communication and interaction between you and PACIFIC ADR, and between PACIFIC ADR, parties to proceedings, Neutrals and PACIFIC ADR associates/employees. It is important to emphasize that PACIFIC ADR never sells your personal information or data to third parties. In addition, we will share the personal data we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Protection of rights.We will share personal data if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Site, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Services, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of PACIFIC ADR, its employees, Neutrals, users of the Services or others.
- Marketing purposes. We will occasionally use your personal data for our own marketing purposes, subject to applicable law, and subject to your clearly indicated right to opt-out of receiving any such communications from us. If you are a resident of the European Union, we will require your express consent in order to be able to send your marketing-related communications, such as newsletters. We may send you emails, newsletters, articles of potential interest, announcements involving our Neutrals or new Services, and notice about bar association and legal events that may be of interest to our Users.
- Public Authorities. We may disclose your personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or enforcement requirements.
Any personal data that you provide to us is stored on servers located in secure third-party data centers with restricted access, and which are protected by protocols, procedures and best practices designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal data to PACIFIC ADR employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Services, and are subject to confidentiality obligations. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect User information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of the Site or any of the Services. In the event that we believe that there has been a security breach involving your personal data, we would endeavor to notify you promptly in accordance with applicable law. In the event such notification is appropriate under the circumstances, we would first try to notify you at the latest email address we have for you on record, subject to legal requirements.
The Site is a general audience website not intended for any person under 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal data from any person under the age of 13.
Notification of Changes
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
Questions? Contact Us
PACIFIC ADR Consulting, LLC
316 Occidental Ave. S Suite 500
Gregory Bertram- President
Terms of Service
Please also read the Terms of Service governing use of the Site and the Services.